The ending of the novel:
- ‘I found myself on Gatsby’ side, and alone.’ p.141. How is this so for Nick following Gatsby’s death?
- What do we learn about Gatsby’s background from seeing his father (pp 144-150).
- What are Nick’s feelings as he finally leaves Jordan Baker? (pp. 152-153)
- What are Nick’s feelings at and after his last meeting with Tom Buchanan? (pp153-4).
- Choose three phrases/quotations from the last 25 lines of the book, and accompany each with a short explanation of its importance/significance.