a) Gatsby falls in love with Daisy (p.128) -
b) Nick and Gatsby’s last meeting (p.133) -
- Explain how Gatsby ‘found that he had committed himself to the following of a grail’ (p.129) in pursuing Daisy.
- What is the significance of the weather in this chapter? Give details.
- What are Nick’s feelings on leaving Gatsby (refer also to his call from Jordan Baker)?
- (p.139) What are the most significant things about the description of Gatsby’s death?
- If you had to choose one short passage (c.20 lines) as the key one in this chapter, what would it be? Why? Key quotations?
- Three other useful quotations from the chapter not used already.