We have published two books of highlights of pupil and staff writing from this blog: Going Places (2008) and Outside the Frame (2010). They cost €10 each plus p/p directly from us, or more expensively direct from our Lulu Storefront.
SCC English has appeared in many publications since we started in 2006:
- has twice featured in the 'Teaching English' magazine.
- was in 'Conference and Common Room' ('The Importance of Being Bloggish').
- was the 'Blogger in Profile' in the April 2009 issue of PC Live, Ireland's top technology magazine.
- has been recommended by the eNewsletter of Poetry Ireland (May 2009).
- was featured in a major article in the Irish Independent in October 2009, 'How to teach English to the Facebook generation'.
- was recommended by the Sunday Business Post, who called it a 'must-visit website', and by journalist Adrian Weckler, who praised it and our friends at the Frog Blog on Matt Cooper's Today FM programme 'The Last Word' (September 2010).
- Featured, along with the Frog Blog, in an article on the CESI Conference in the Irish Times in February 2011.
- In November 2012, SCC English featured in the Irish Times as one of the 'best education sites' in Ireland for its 'depth and breadth'.
Awards and Conferences etc
- SCC English won the 2008 international Edublog Best Group Blog award (and was also third in the Best Individual Blog section).
- in 2009 it was third in the same awards in the Best Group Blog section.
- In 2010 it was runner-up in the Edublog Awards in the Best Educational Use of Audio category for the Patterns of Poetry series, as well as coming fourth in both Best Group Blog and Best Resource Sharing Blog.
- In 2012 in the Edublog Awards it was a finalist in three categories: Best Use of Video/Media (for our ShowMe series on Macbeth), Best Class Blog and Best Group Blog.
- it was short-listed for both 2008 and 2009 in the Golden Spider Awards (the 'Oscars' of the Irish web industry) in the Best Blog category.
- it was nominated for the 2009 and 2010 Irish Blog awards (and was a finalist in 2011 and 2012), and the 2010 Irish Web Awards.
- it is also a Scoilnet 'Star Site.
- and a Teachnet recommended resource.
- it was featured at the 2007 CESI Annual Conference, and again in 2011.
- and the 2009 and 2011 Irish National Teachers of English conferences.
- it has also featured at several secondary school ICT training courses.
- we have our own resource page on the Times Educational Supplement site.