- What are Nick’s reactions to the stories Gatsby tells him about his past? [pp 57-59, Heinemann]
- Three useful quotations from those pages (above).
- Significant details about Meyer Wolfsheim.
- What is the significance of the references to the World Series fixing of 1919?
- What do we (and Nick) learn from Jordan Baker about the origins of Daisy and Gatsby’s relationship?
- If you had to choose one short passage (c.20 lines) as the key one in this chapter, what would it be? Why? Key quotations?
Saturday, January 31, 2015
Gatsby revision Chapter 4
(no ShowMe analyses from this Chapter: the next one will be from Chapter 5, ‘Daisy and Gatsby meet again’ - http://www.sccenglish.ie/2012/02/great-gatsby-7-gatsby-daisy-meet-again.html )