a) Gatsby’s parties –
b) Nick’s first meeting with Gatsby –
- List examples of Gatsby’s extravagance.
- Nick’s impressions of Jordan Baker, and then his feelings about her.
- Three short quotations on the nature of the people who go to Gatsby’s parties.
- The significance of cars and driving in the novel? Where in this chapter, and where else?
- If you had to choose one short passage (c.20 lines) as the key one in this chapter, what would it be? Why? Key quotations?
- Three more important short quotations from the chapter (not used earlier).