Here, Lady Macbeth is the subject. Things to listen out for and think about this time:-
- in what ways is Lady Macbeth complex and fragile?
- where do we see that she is very conscious of herself as a woman?
- how is she a 'moral being'?
- where do we see examples of her loneliness and isolation?
- what does Harriet Walter mean when she says Lady Macbeth tries to suppress her imagination?
- how does she become less and less important?
- what does the sleepwalking scene say about her state of mind?