This podcast is a little difference: a series of quotations which you can test yourself on. Pause the recording after the quotation and write notes on the significance of these key lines.
Things to consider this time:
- what is the significance of fear in the play?
- in what way does blood permeate the whole story?
- how is the phrase 'unnatural troubles' central to the play?
- how is Macbeth conscious of the diseased nature of his own mind?
- how does Macbeth become steadily less free?
- why is Banquo a key figure in the way we look at Macbeth?
- what is the significance of the image of Duncan's horses?