Charles Dickens was born on February 7th 1812. To celebrate, here are seven word-clouds formed from the entire texts of his most famous fiction. In each case, the Wordle represents the 250 most-used words in the text. The most significant names of course stand out.
Click on each Wordle for a closer view.
2. Bleak House: 'little', 'young' and 'guardian' stand out.
3. A Christmas Carol: no doubting the most significant character here...
4. David Copperfield: 'Mr' becomes particularly important, as is becoming a 'Mr'.
5. Hard Times: More of 'Mrs' here (Sparsit, Gradgrind), and notice 'know'...
6. Oliver Twist: 'gentlemen' and 'time' deserve some discussion.
7. A Tale of Two Cities: a French influence, of course.