- The whole text of the play: put it on your own computer...
- Our slideshow of Hamlet soliloquies (including Claudius) via Wordle word clouds, and including YouTube versions of the soliloquies by actors such as David Tennant, Kenneth Branagh and Patrick Stewart.
- The whole text of Hamlet as a Wordle (click on the image for a bigger view).
- 10 Characters in Hamlet: our 5-minute podcasts on 'lesser' characters: Fortinbras, Horatio, Laertes, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, Polonius, Ophelia, The First Player, Osric, The First Gravedigger. In two handy podcasts as well. You can also subscribe to SCC English on iTunes.
- SCC English revision podcasts are here.
- An excellent resource: the BBC Archive Hamlet.
- 'This American Life' radio documentary, 'Act V', on a prison production of the play.
- Miriam Poulton's review of the fine recent National Theatre Live production, starring Rory Kinnear.
- Links to six press reviews of the Kinnear Hamlet.
- Shakespeare Searched: a 'Google for Shakespeare' - terrific resource for looking up quotations, self-testing and so on.
- The Ten Best Hamlets.
- The Hamlet Weblog.
- Alan Stanford's Hamlet masterclass, on RTE Radio (4 programmes in January 2011).
- A quotation auto-test (and below; see the first slides for instructions)
Friday, April 08, 2011
Resources for studying 'Hamlet'
Term ends today, and classes resume on Wednesday 4th May. Our Leaving Cert pupils will be busy preparing for their exams over the next three weeks, so this is a re-posting of helpful Hamlet resources. Again, the quotation auto-test is at the bottom.