The new edition of the Library magazine, The Submarine, has just been published (after a period off the news-stands - the Editor Tom McConville compares it to the Asgard, saying that it seemed to have 'struck an unidentified semi-submerged object', but is now 'eminently seaworthy' again).
It will be fully distributed at the start of next term. Again, it's an interesting and eclectic mix, including:-
- A first in the form of a recipe from Hal Downer (chicken, rosemary, tomatoes ...)
- Reviews by Molly Dunne of Jenny Valentine's Broken Soup, and by Emma Moore of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight,
- Richard Brett's review of The Thieves of Ostia by Caroline Lawrence,
- A recommendation of Nicholas Gage's A Place for Us, by our Chaplain, Rev Michael Heaney,
- David Sowby's comments on Pierre Berton's Klondike,
- and two features which have already appeared here - Milo Reddaway's short story 'Regal Surprise at Tibradden' and John Fanagan's piece on Richard Yates.