Our nominations for the 2012 Edublog Awards are:
- Best Teacher Blog: The Frog Blog, run by Humphrey Jones - the best science blog around.
- Best Twitter hashtag: #science140 - a brilliant idea which 'crowd-sourced' scientific facts, and quickly produced this Christmas's must-have stocking-filler book, A Neutron Walks Into a Bar.
- Best Mobile App: ShowMe for the iPad, which we've used extensively for text annotation and analysis.
- Best Educational Use of a Social Network: the English Companion Ning - support, connections and advice from over 30,000 English teachers around the world.
- Best Administrator Blog: John Tomsett, for wise advice about schools and the nature of leadership.
- Best New Blog: RAMS English: curriculum, practical ideas for the classroom and more, with consistently thoughtful and well-written posts.
- Best Individual Blog: LeavingCertEnglish from Evelyn O'Connor of Mount Saint Michael's school in Claremorris, with lots of good advice for students, and lots of passionate commentary about education.