It's Edublog Awards time again, and here are our nominations:-
- Best Teacher Blog: The Frog Blog - www.frogblog.ie - run by the Science teachers of St Columba's College, Dublin, with all the science news imaginable.
- Best Individual Tweeter: again, The Frog Blog, for all things science.
- Best Educational Use of a Social Network: The English Companion Ning - http://englishcompanion.ning.com - connecting over 30,000 English teachers all over the world.
- Best New Blog: Serpents and Doves - http://sccty.blogspot.com - chronicling the myriad activities of a Transition Year.
- Best Free Web Tool: Wordle - http://www.wordle.net- simple, effective and endlessly adaptable in any subject area. Here, for instance, are our own Wordles on all Shakespeare's plays.
- Most Influential Blog Post: Putting wonder back into science education by Humphrey Jones at More Stress Less Success from March 2011.
- Best Ed Tech/Resource Sharing Blog: Free Technology for Teachers, from Richard Byrne.